Understanding Retinal Detachment: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Retinal detachment is a serious eye condition that requires immediate attention and specialised care. At Global Eye Hospital in Narsingi, we take pride in being the best eye hospital in Hyderabad, with experienced eye specialists dedicated to diagnosing and treating retinal detachment. In this article, we’ll provide valuable insights into the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this vision-threatening condition.
Causes of Retinal Detachment:
Retinal detachment occurs when the thin layer of tissue at the back of the eye (the retina) separates from its normal position.
Ageing: The natural ageing process can lead to changes in the vitreous gel, which can cause the retina to detach.
- Eye Injuries: Trauma to the eye, such as from accidents or sports injuries, can result in retinal detachment.
- Nearsightedness: People with high degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) may be more susceptible to retinal detachment.
- Family History: If you have a family history of retinal detachment, you may be at a higher risk.
Symptoms of Retinal Detachment:
Recognizing the symptoms of retinal detachment is crucial for early diagnosis and treatment. Common signs include:
- Sudden Onset of Floaters: The sudden appearance of small, dark spots or lines in your field of vision.
- Flashes of Light: Seeing flashes of light, often described as lightning-like streaks.
- Blurred Vision: A sudden loss of clear vision in one or both eyes.
- Shadow or Curtain Over Vision: A sensation of a dark shadow or curtain descending over your visual field.
Treatment Options at Global Eye Hospital:
If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, it’s essential to seek immediate medical attention. Timely treatment is crucial for preventing permanent vision loss. At Global Eye Hospital, we offer state-of-the-art treatment options for retinal detachment:
- Scleral Buckling: This procedure involves placing a silicone band around the eye to push the detached retina back into place.
- Pneumatic Retinopexy: A gas bubble is injected into the eye, which helps to reposition the detached retina.
- Vitrectomy: In this surgical procedure, the vitreous gel is removed, and the retina is reattached with laser or cryotherapy.
- Cryopexy and Laser Photocoagulation: These techniques use extreme cold or laser energy to seal the retinal tear and reattach the retina.
Our eye specialists in Hyderabad are highly experienced in diagnosing and treating retinal detachment. We offer personalised care, cutting-edge technology, and a commitment to preserving your vision.
Retinal detachment is a sight-threatening condition that demands immediate attention. At Global Eye Hospital in Narsingi, we are committed to providing the best eye care in Hyderabad, offering specialised treatment for retinal detachment. If you or a loved one experiences symptoms of retinal detachment, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced eye specialists. Early intervention can make all the difference in preserving your vision.
Book your appointment now for all eye-related services.
Your Vision Our Focus