Are you having difficulty reading or watching television?
Do you experience blurred vision?
Are bright lights make it more challenging to view the surroundings?
If your answer is yes, then cataract surgery is for you. All these signs are indications that you are developing cataracts. The cataracts are easily treatable, but only with Best Cataract Treatment in Hyderabad. Before opting for the Best Cataract Treatment in KPHB, Kukatpally, you should have complete knowledge of cataract surgery.
Keeping this in view, we Global Eye hospital, Best eye hospital in Hyderabad for cataract surgery have drafted an article which helps you find everything you need to know about cataract operation. Continue your reading!
What Is Cataract Surgery?
Your eye contains a clear lens. A cataract is an eye disease in which your lens becomes cloudy and causes blurred vision. Cataract surgery is an operation done to replace the lens with an artificial lens. This operation is performed on an outpatient basis, and you can leave home on the same day.
Types of Cataracts
- Subcapsular cataract
- Nuclear cataract
- Cortical cataract
Causes of Eye Cataracts
Cataracts can happen in children and adults for a variety of reasons such as continuous constructions and Metro rail works, vehicle and industrial pollution, dusty roads. Here are the most common reasons for eye cataracts.
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Previous eye injury or inflammation
- Hormone replacement therapy
- High myopia
- Family history
Who is Prone to Cataract
Here are the individuals who are highly prone to this vision disorder.
- Cancer patients
- Diabetes patients
- Individuals working in furnaces
- Individuals who are 40 years and above
- Individuals who are suffering from eye injuries
- Individuals working in weak lighting areas
- Individuals working under bright sunlight for extended periods
Call now +91 8008228811, Global Eye Hospital KPHB Kukatpally and Get now comprehensive eye examination today!
Symptoms Of Cataracts
The symptoms of cataracts include:
- Cloudy or blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Frequent prescription changes for glasses or contact lenses
- Poor night vision
- Colour vision changes and dimming
- Double vision in a single eye
Ideal Candidates For Cataract Surgery
Following individuals are considered as an ideal candidate for cataract operation.
- Individuals aged 22 years or more
- Individuals with unchanged eye prescription for last one year
- Individuals with nearsightedness
- Individuals having a good and overall healthy cornea
- Individuals having realistic expectations about the surgery
Who Are Not Ideal Candidates For Cataract Surgery?
Individuals who are not ideal candidates for cataract surgery include:
- Individuals with an unstable (changing) refractive error
- Individuals suffering from skin or other diseases which affects healing
- Individuals havings excessive scarring or keloid formation
- Individuals suffering from corneal abrasions or disease
- Individuals with advanced glaucoma
- Individuals with uncontrolled diabetes
- Individuals with a history of eye disease or eye surgery
- Individuals with a history of certain eye infections
- Individuals who are pregnant or nursing
Preparation For The Cataract Surgery
Once you decide to have surgery, you have to undergo a few tests so that your ophthalmologists can determine whether the lens implant is for you. A painless ultrasound test will also be conducted to measure the size and shape of your eye. You will be asked to stop all the current medications you are taking.
Your eye doctor may suggest antibiotic eye drops which you need to use before one to two weeks following the procedure. You will be asked not to eat anything for at least 12 hours before the procedure. Also, arrange for a friend or family member who can drive you home after the surgery.
What Happens During The Cataract Procedure?
Firstly, your surgeon will dilate your pupil using eye drops. The area to be operated on will be numbed with the help of anaesthesia. Now your surgeon carries out the cataract procedure.
During cataract surgery, your doctor will make an incision and removes the diseased or damaged lens. Now, he or she will implant the artificial lens in place of the original lens.
The following are the standard surgical techniques to treat cataracts.
- Use an Ultrasound Probe: In this procedure, your surgeon will use an ultrasound probe to break up the cataract and suctions out the fragments. In this procedure, the incision will be made on the front of your eye.
- Use of an Advanced Laser Technique: In this procedure, the surgeon will use an advanced version of laser to soften the cataract and also to make incisions.
- Extracapsular Cataract Extraction: In this procedure, a larger incision is made to remove the anterior capsule of the lens as well as the cloudy portions of your lens. However, the very posterior capsule is left in its place to position the artificial lens.
Cataract Surgery After Care
Your vision will improve within a few days following the surgery. However, your image will be blurry until your eye heals completely. Colors will be clear and much brighter because of a new lens.
You may have mild discomfort and itching following the procedure, which is quite normal for which you will be asked to wear an eye patch or protective shield for the first few days after the process.
Use all the prescribed medications and eye drops to prevent infection, inflammation, and reduce the risk of complications. However, some eye surgeons prefer using steroid injections at the time of surgery itself to keep inflammation away from you.
Results of Cataract Surgery
The results of cataract surgery are permanent. Majority people restore their vision after the procedure. However, there is a chance of having the second cataract even after the surgery. The second cataract develops when some portion of the lens is left out during the procedure. See your doctor if you experience eye pressure and inflammation.
If you are experiencing any blurred or poor vision, consult our eye specialists in Kukatpally. The cataract surgery is one of the leading vision techniques performed today. It is helping many people in restoring their vision that hasn’t restored with the help of eye drops and medications.
If you are planning for cataract surgery in Hyderabad, then visit Global Eye hospital, Best eye hospital in Hyderabad for cataract surgery. Our qualified eye ophthalmologists use all the advanced techniques and technologies for the eye care of all our patients. Contact us now, we can help you restore your vision.
Call +91 8008228811 to Schedule your eye examination now!